Welmec Committee meeting, 11 – 13 May, Helsinki
The Welmec Committee meeting is where the member countries meet and take all decisions, including approval of Guides proposed by the Working Groups.
During this meeting, the Guide for Purely Digital Parts was accepted, enhancing European harmonisation on how to test Purely Digital Parts. In short, this means that purely digital parts can be tested faster than in the past, because of a reduced focus on hardware and increased focus on software, especially when it comes to checking facilities.
Welmec WG10 meeting ‘Liquids other than Water’, 23 & 24 May, Amsterdam
- Marc Schmidt, approvals expert at NMi, was elected as the new Convenor for WG10 (pending acknowledgement by the Committee).
- Existing / old Guides will be reviewed for updating to the New Legislative Framework.
- Agreement was reached on the use of electronic tickets (instead of paper ones), taking into account a number of conditions.
OIML Tank Measurement Meeting, 14 – 16 June, Gothenburg
During this meeting much progress was made on the following OIML Recommendations:
- R71 : Fixed Storage Tanks. General requirements
- R80 : Road and rail tankers with level gauging
- R85 : Automatic level gauges for measuring the level of liquid in stationary storage tanks
Work on updated versions of these documents has been so productive, that a coming project group meeting may not be needed for submitting final documents to the CIML.
OIML R117 Project Group Meeting 4 – 6 July, Delft
R117 (currently under revision) is the OIML Recommendation for Liquids other than Water. At the Project Group meeting comments to the previous Draft document needed to be resolved, as well as the next Draft document prepared.
- 95% of the non-editorial comments were resolved during the meeting, due to a pragmatic approach chosen by the Secretary / Convenor of the Project Group, Mr. Ralph Richter.
- This means we are still on schedule for revision of the complete document in October 2017.
- Key topics in R117: addition to the Recommendation of Measuring Systems for Bunkering and LNG.