On August 13, 2015 (as announced by CEN/CENELEC) the new EN45501:2015 standard for non-automatic weighing instruments will be published.
The biggest changes from the current EN45501:1992 standard are:
- RFI test at 10 V/m
- Introduction of conducted immunity test
- Introduction of surge test
- Additional software requirements
- Some changes in the tests to be performed during initial verification
- Introduction of Modular Approach (part of the instrument rather than the entire instrument)
It is still unclear what the transition period will be, nor when the European Council will decide about this. Once more is known, we will inform you via our newsletters and on the website.