The immunity EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) rules form an important part of the type examination of measuring instruments. This one day training is designed to provide you with a good insight of the specific metrological EMC requirements, interpretations and solutions that apply with these tests.
The course is instrument independent and applicable to all types of measuring instruments. On completion of this training course you will be better prepared for the type of testing that your measuring instrument must undergo and for the certification requirements that apply during the metrological EMC testing. During the course, you will be apprised of all current and future EMC requirements.
The course addresses the following subjects:
- Why is EMC testing important in the environmental testing of measuring instruments?
- EMC testing of measuring instruments compared with EMC testing of general electronic equipment.
- Criteria governing performance of measuring instruments.
- Specific EMC tests on a case by case basis.
- Selection of representative test sample.
- Power from external 12 V and 24 V.
- Road vehicle batteries.
- How to apply directives, standards and normative documents.
- Definition of Environmental Classes (e.g. E1, E2 and E3).
- Maximum permissible errors during testing.
- Case: practical check of EMC performance and feedback from group leader.
- Practice: EMC testing in the lab: experiments, tips and tricks.
Training material used
- Measuring Instruments Directive
- Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments Directive
- EMC Directive - (Harmonized) Standards and Normative Documents
- OIML D11
Duration: 1 day
Level: Basic Metrology
Language: English (if all participants speak Dutch, the course will be given in Dutch)
Minimum number of participants: 8
Maximum number of participants: 14
Venue: NMi Certin, Dordrecht
Investment: EUR 695 per person, excluding VAT, including course documentation, certificate of attendance lunch and refreshments.