Have you just been introduced to “the world of metrology” and would you like to know more about the basic principles? In our one-day basic metrology course, you learn about the foundations of metrology, including quantities, SI units, statutory obligations, uncertainty calculations and the characteristics of measuring systems. This also provides the basis for specific follow-up training courses.
The training is intended for a wide range of participants, including measuring instrument users, employees who measure, calibrate, examine or verify and for inspectors
The course addresses the following subjects:
- What is measurement?
- Why measurement?
- SI units
- Statutory obligations
- Converting units
- Meter Convention
- General characteristics
- Structure of measuring systems
- Reading off instruments
- Disruptive influences on measuring systems
- Ambient conditions
- What is calibration?
- What are traceability and convertibility and why are they important?
- Calibration process, procedures, certificate
- Laboratory accreditation
- What is uncertainty?
- Measuring process and systematic errors
- Practical uncertainty analysis and its fundamentals; dealing with numbers