Management of your measurements, measuring instruments and calibrations
Do you want optimal performance from your quality system, or do you want to prepare properly for audits by customers or certifying bodies? If you are a quality manager or a metrological departments and instrument administrator, a sound understanding of the performance of quality systems and good measurements are important to the proper operation of the system and to enabling you to prepare for audits.
During this one-day training, you acquire an understanding of the performance of quality systems and learn everything you need to start setting up and improving your own quality system. You also gain insight into your role in the system. You receive guidelines for making decisions about purchasing measuring instruments and determining calibration frequency.
The course addresses the following subjects:
- ISO standards, EN standards, EU legislation and common sense
- Complaints and non-conformities
- Internal audits
- Management audit
- Input from users
- Corrective and preventive actions
- General, personnel, facilities and environment
- Measurement, calibration, validation
- Traceability and convertibility, sampling, treatment of objects to be measured
- Quality of measurements and calibration results, and reporting
- The quality manager is responsible for the quality?
- Manual, procedures and work instructions
- Undergoing audits and evaluations
- Non-conformities and certification process