Measurement uncertainty provides a number, showing you how accurate a measurement is. In your work as a calibration-, verification- or measurement technician, are you regularly faced with measurement uncertainties? Do you need a better feel for and understanding of the subject? During this one-day training, you are introduced to the concept of measurement uncertainty and how to interpret the figures, without needing to make complicated calculations yourself.
This course also provides an introduction for follow-up training in calculating measurement uncertainties.
The course addresses the following subjects:
- Traceable measurement, definitions
- Absolute and relative uncertainties
- Stepwise determination of uncertainties (combination of partial uncertainties, increased uncertainty)
- Significant figures in calculations
- Rounding off measurements and measurement uncertainties
- Single and multiple observations
- Uncertainty when testing
- Statement of partial uncertainties
- Measuring systems and processes
- Description of the most common sources