The year 2016 will be an important one for the manufacturers of weighing instruments. Two different but related events will take place:
- On April 19, 2016, the standard EN 45501:1992 will cease to give presumption of conformity under directives 2009/23/EC and 2014/31/EU.
- On April 20, 2016, the new NAWI directive 2014/31/EU will come into force, replacing 2009/23/EC.
Roy Scholten, Senior Approval Engineer at NMi, has composed a white paper in which he provides guidelines to help you understand the steps you may have to take to assure your conformity with the new or existing regulations. The following questions will be answered:
- Can I still use EN 45501:1992 for my Declaration of Conformity after April 20, 2016?
- How can I check if my instrument complies with EN 45501:2015?
- What to do if I need to upgrade from EN 45501:1992 or R 76 (1992) to EN 45501:2015?
- What to do if I need to upgrade from R 76 (2006) to EN 45501:2015?
- What to do if I need to comply with the new directive 2014/31/EU?
Click here and fill in the webform to download this white paper free of charge.